Who we are
We aim to formulate and implement state policy in the fields of air, road, rail, sea, river and urban electric transport, as well as on issues related to the use of Ukrainian airspace, subway systems, roads, postal services, transportation safety, merchant shipping and navigational/hydrographic support for vessels
Responsibilities and main functions
The Ministry of Infrastructure is the central body of executive power in the areas of transport, roads, postal service and infrastructure.
The main tasks of the Ministry are:
- formulation and implementation of state policy on issues related to transport, the use of Ukrainian airspace, roads and postal service;
- formulation and implementation of state policy on issues related to transportation safety, merchant shipping and navigational/hydrographic support for vessels;
- participating, within the limits of our authority, in the formulation and implementation of state tariff policies and public procurement policies in the postal service field;
- the Minister of Infrastructure coordinates with the State Aviation Administration, the National Sea and River Transport Inspection Agency, the National Land Transport Inspection Agency and the National Automotive Road Agency.
- bringing the transportation sector and infrastructure to a European level
- reducing the state’s role in state monopolies
- decentralizing the Ministry’s functions
- corporatization of major state-owned companies