General information about Ukrposhta
Ukrainian State Enterprise of Posts "Ukrposhta" (hereinafter – USEP "Ukrposhta"), managed by the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, is the national postal operator of Ukraine under the order of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 10 January 2002.
The activity of USEP "Ukrposhta" is regulated by the Law of Ukraine "On Postal Service" of 4 October 2001, other Laws of Ukraine and regulations of the Universal Postal Union, of which Ukraine became a member in 1947.
Ukrposhta operates as an independent economic unit since 1994, when it was formed Ukrainian Union Posts “Ukrposhta”, which in July 1998 was reorganized into the current re USEP “Ukrposhta” under the Restructuring Program Ukrposhta of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 04.01.98 at number 1, from March 1, 2017 - PJSC "Ukrposhta".
Ukrposhta today is:
• more than 11,500 post offices throughout Ukraine: general post-offices, mobile and seasonal;
• more than 73,000 employees, including almost 36,000 Postman, 13,700 operators of postal services and 2,600 sorting operators;
• in 2015, Ukrposhta delivered 200.9 million items of written correspondence, 15.4 million parcels, 2.6 million items with declared value, 11.1 million transfers and more than 74 million pensions and monetary aid;
• direct fetching to 15 million subscriber mailboxes;
• 2015 Distribution by subscription and retail about 9 thousand periodicals, or more than 500,7 million copies a year;
• transport about 31 tons annually periodicals, total mileage vehicles in this case is more than 72 million km;
• every year, millions of copies standard edition postage stamps, more than 95 subjects of art stamps and blocks, 140 stories feature stamped envelopes and subjects unmarked products.
• payment organization of the domestic non-bank payment system «Postal transfer» (Поштовий переказ). Information about the payment system «Postal transfer» was added to the Register of payment systems after agreeing the rules of its functioning with the National Bank of Ukraine (Certificate of the National Bank of Ukraine dated April 13, 2017, No. 34). The payment system «Postal Transfer» enables postal transfers both within Ukraine and abroad, and it also carries out payment acceptance. For transferring cross-border remittances Ukrposhta uses the International Financial System of the Universal Postal Union (Switzerland) and the Eurogiro system (Denmark).
Provide this work branches enterprises (regional, municipal and specialized management).
Overall Ukrposhta offers consumers some 50 different services.