The Ministry of Infrastructure presents the draft Sustainable Logistics Strategy, - Volodymyr Omelyan
The Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine with the support of World Bank present the draft Sustainable Logistics Strategy, on the basis of which the relevant regulatory and legal act will be developed.
For the first time, World Bank experts conducted an independent logistics research in Ukraine. Volodymyr Omelyan stated the above.
According to the Minister, the Sustainable Logistics Strategy should become the main program document, implementation of which will ensure, in particular:
• Realization of logistics potential of the country: cheaper services and reduction of cargo transportation time; increasing quality and safety of transport; implementation of European standards;
• increasing of multimodality and interconnectivity between different modes of transport;
• maintenance, modernization and expansion of efficient transport and logistics infrastructure and promotion of energy efficient cargo transportation;
• certification training of staff involved in the provision of services related to transport and logistics;
• facilitating trade and increasing export potential of Ukraine.
Volodymyr Omelyan emphasized that on the beginning of 2018 the Ministry will start consultations to identify key issues, the implementation of which should form the basis of the Sustainable Logistics Strategy.